- 307 Kingston Road
- KT19 0BW
020 8393 5572
More About Us
St Clement's is a well established parish of
the Catholic diocese of Arundel and Brighton
situated in the deanery of Epsom
Founded in 1937, as a Mass Centre of the neighbouring parish of St Mathias in the Archdiocese of Southwark, St Clements became an independent parish during in 1941.
Serving the Roman Catholic community, we have grown in size and outlook, opening our present building in 1962. Shortly after the new Catholic diocese of Arundel and Brighton was formed (1965) comprising the counties of Surrey, East and West Sussex. St Clements being in Surrey took its place in the new diocese. The community continued to develop and the church was extended and reordered in 2003.
We belong to Churches Together in Ewell and Stoneleigh
are a Fairtrade Church and support Overseas Development through CAFOD
Our next challenge is to be found in "Planning for Parishes 2010" a diocesan consultation document addressing the balance between available pastors and the increased number of parishes.
Our overall aims are summarised in
St Clement's Vision Statement
As a parish community we aim to obey, with all our fellow Christians, the Lord's command to love our Creator and all people.
Inspired by this love and through prayer and the Sacraments we aim to grow in our understanding of our Christian responsibilities in our lives.
We commit ourselves, working together, to build a welcoming community in which everyone will be recognised and to which all will contribute, according to their call from God, in whatever way they are able
We will strive to be sensitive and respond to the needs of all.
We pray that all our liturgy will be a celebration of our witness to Jesus Christ as Lord, the Light of the World.